Redefining Human Connection at Workplace: A Thought to Promote Sensitivity in Professionalism!
Table of contents
Human connection and the pandemic!
Without a doubt, the year 2020 had an impact on us all. Whether the global epidemic made us feel more stressed about day-to-day life or gave us a better work-life balance, the path forward for developing relationships with people now appears more different than it did before.
Whether a company’s workers are working side by side in the same office or thousands of miles apart, it can be challenging to establish a human connection, especially while juggling project deadlines, attending meetings, and doing everything else in between.
This social connection can be maintained whether a person works in an office or from home. But how can one build significant connections at work? How can people establish relationships with others while they are in an interview, starting a new job, or working continuously from home?
Why does connection matter?
The objective of encouraging a more connected workplace is not to make everyone feel like a member of a vast, happy family. Understanding another person’s perspective and opinions is a prerequisite for genuine connection.
The most crucial element in developing a successful workplace is definitely a connection. Why? Because linked teams promote cooperation, good working relationships, and information exchange. The closer we are as coworkers, the more effective our workplace will be.
The Importance of Human Connection at Work
Given the dangers of misinterpreting indications through digital communication, it should be clear how human connectedness contributes to the development of a happy working culture.
Face-to-face communication is important
- Communication between coworkers in person considerably decreases the possibility of misunderstandings and wounded feelings. Face-to-face contacts also make it easier to clarify information or increase comprehension so that everyone is on the same page by asking questions.
- Direct face-to-face communication rather than email or a time-delayed conversation. There is less back and forth, which can increase productivity on an individual and group level. This can boost creativity as well because an impromptu conversation might provide an innovative idea. You never know what another person may say that will make you stop and consider. It is less likely, but still feasible, that email communication will inspire someone to come up with a brilliant new concept.
Face-to-face interactions foster trusting and supportive working relationships between coworkers and between employers and employees. This can increase goodwill and foster the sense of unity that an organization needs to grow from existing to thriving. Personal connection simply cannot be replaced.
Tips to enhance connection at workplace
Build and Maintain a Workplace That Puts the Community First
- To ensure a strong personal connection between team members and the team’s clients, such as customers or members of other teams, one must create a community-first work environment.
- People who want to bring up this environment must donate their time and abilities outside the scope of their paid positions in order to form connections and get to know others on a deeper level.
- Community-first means regularly checking in with people outside of their regular responsibilities to see how they are doing, to find out where you can offer help, and to see where you can make improvements.
- In order for the team to function as a cohesive unit working toward a common objective, team leaders must also provide a space for everyone to contribute ideas, communicate effectively and offer support to one another.
More than just sending a weekly email to check-in is required to establish these community-first connections. It involves delving deep, getting a firsthand understanding of the difficulties customers encounter, and working to make products and services better.
Find the mentor
When it comes to employee creativity, collaboration, retention, satisfaction, and productivity, workplace mentoring provide huge advantages.
Build Bridge between working teams
All throughout the world, working teams were suddenly forced to forge ties they had never thought they would require when the pandemic struck.
Find core values
So how does one go about figuring out what their basic values are? It might be beneficial to begin by posing the following queries
- What matters most to me?
- What motivates me to feel successful?
- Where are my goals for work and life stand?
- What do I desire, need, and cannot compromise on in my personal and professional life?
If someone can be completely honest when answering these questions, they’ll undoubtedly see a trend in their answers about what they want their work to be like, how it will support their personal lives, and how they want to be treated and treat other people while doing it.
The success of any company depends on its staff’s capacity to communicate, especially across departmental lines. It will take time to create connections where none previously existed, as with most of these things. A collaborative effort will also be necessary. By keeping that in mind as you urge your employees to interact with and relate to one another, you may foster a more unified workplace.